Dear MCA community:
As many of you are aware, MCA has relaxed our masking guidelines in consultation with our partners at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and in keeping with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Face-coverings are no longer mandated on university and MCA premises, with the following exceptions:
- During classes/lessons: Faculty may require students to wear masks during class time. Faculty will be asked to notify their classes about their requirements. Students must respect and comply with masking requirements from faculty.
- At other large events/gatherings: Masks are required at events in university/MCA theaters or at other large events or gatherings, as determined by the university and MCA.
MCA and Saint Mary’s University together support everyone who chooses to wear a mask even when it is not required. Everyone is expected to respect individual choices about masking, remembering, for example, that people may choose to mask because they are simply uncomfortable without a mask, they are immuno-compromised, or they have small children at home who cannot be vaccinated.
Take care, and stay in touch if you have questions or concerns!
Brady Plunger, Managing Director
What follows here is our updated Health & Safety Code of Conduct, reflecting the many changes to policies since 2020.
- All students (or guardians of those under 18) will be required to agree to this code of conduct and sign the electronic waiver that is added to our parent/student portal (JackRabbit).
- Vaccines are not required, but are strongly encouraged!
- Masking is welcome, but no longer required. Please do wear a mask if you’re feeling sick, especially if you have a cough or frequent sneezes.
- MCA will continue to provide face-masks and hand sanitizer at the front desk and in our studios/classroom spaces
- Students, families, and guests confirm by arriving onsite for a class, lesson, or program that they have done a self-health assessment and that they are not experiencing or exhibiting any COVID-like symptoms.
If a student or faculty member has COVID-like symptoms or a positive test result:
- Any student or instructor experiencing symptoms is encouraged to wear a mask and to get tested for COVID immediately.
- If the test is negative, then no further action is needed (beyond what a medical professional recommends if you feel unwell despite a negative result)!
- If the test is positive, please notify MCA immediately and plan to isolate for 5 days—you may return to lessons, class, or programs after that period of time and have a negative test result in-hand.
If a student or faculty member have a COVID case in their household:
- Students and faculty members with COVID cases in their households are not currently required to self-isolate unless they begin showing symptoms or test positive.
- Testing at home or via a testing site is encouraged to ensure no infection is present.