The following is a detailed list of measures that Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts (MCA) will be following to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please note that this is an ever evolving situation and MCA will be following best practices set by the State of Minnesota, Saint Mary’s University of MN, as well as diligently following industry leaders. Any changes will be communicated with students via email.
- All students (or guardians of those under 18) will be required to agree to this code of conduct and sign this waiver (this waiver has been added to our electronic registration form on Jack Rabbit).
- All students, faculty and staff will be required to wear a mask at all times (even during outside camps and classes and regardless of vaccine status).
- Upon arrival students will be asked to social distance (staying 6 feet apart inside and 4 feet outside) and students confirm by arriving that they have done a self-health assessment and that they are not experiencing or exhibiting any COVID related symptoms.
- No parents or other observers will be allowed in the building in order to limit the number of people in the building. With the exception of visitors to Galleria Valencia. Exhibit viewers will check in with the front desk and one party from the same household will be allowed to view the exhibit at a time.
- Students who are participating in outdoor programs will be permitted to enter the building to use the restroom and fill water bottles only.
- Music students will be required to wear a mask that allows their nose and mouth to be covered while singing or playing their instrument. If you need resources or have questions please chat with your instructor or contact the MCA office at email@example.com.
- In case of inclement weather outside programs will either be cancelled and rescheduled or moved inside if there is a space available with room to adequately social distance. MCA will communicate any changes through email.
- Dancers are asked to wear their dance attire to and from class. Students will have a small area in the dance space assigned to them and their items.
- Each dancer will be assigned an area to dance within (approx. 6-8 feet away from others at all times)
- Dance shoes or socks must be worn at all times. When changing shoes, dancers should do this in their assigned area.
- Students are asked to bring a water bottle. (Drinking fountain spouts will be covered, water bottle fillers will remain open)
- Older students may be asked to help disinfect their area between classes
- Dancers who are taking more than one class back to back will be asked to have new clean mask for each class.
- Class size will be limited based on the age of students, genre and classroom space.
- For outdoor classes, students and faculty will still be asked to wear masks and social distance before, during, and after classes.
- For longer programs that have built in snack or lunch breaks, students will be allowed to take off their masks to eat with 6 feet or more between them and other students. Snack and lunch breaks will be taken outside when possible.
- No cash payments will be accepted at this time online payments or checks will be accepted.
- Students are asked to arrive between 10-15 minutes before class and leave within 10 minutes of class ending.
- 15 minutes has been allotted between classes to allow for disinfecting and or for an instructor to move into a new space.
- MCA has increased sanitizing protocols and is only holding programs in spaces that are large enough for maximum air flow and social distancing.
- At this time MCA is not requiring vaccines, but MCA highly encourages all students, staff, and faculty who are eligible to get it.
- In the event a student or faculty are required to self-quarantine because of symptoms, exposure to COVID, or otherwise determine based on their own judgment or that of a medical professional to self-quarantine, the said student or faculty member shall notify Jamie Schwaba, Managing Director of the Minnesota Conservatory of the Arts at 507-453-5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If MCA is forced to shutdown in-person classes due to COVID, classes will be moved to a virtual format that is best suited for that genre or program. A credit for classes that can not be made-up and the difference of payment between online & in-person fees.
For more information about Saint Mary’s University and MCA COVID-19 related measures please visit Saint Mary’s University’s Steadfast and Resilient COVID-19 information.
Check List of COVID-19 Symptoms
Checklist of COVID-19 Systems:
Symptoms can range widely, but commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19 include the following and can appear within two weeks after the initial exposure to the virus. This list is not comprehensive, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are always updating it as they learn more. But we ask that no students attend class if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Dry cough
- Fever with a temperature over 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches