The Fall MCA session is underway. Our dance studios, theatre, Monet room and music studios are a buzz inside the Valencia Arts Center. However, MCA is on the Go and busy providing you will opportunities to explore the arts through our #MCAontheGO Community Outreach events and performance. All of these opportunities are free unless otherwise noted and they are a great opportunity to get to know MCA and experience the arts on a shoestring budget. So grab your calendar and save the date for the amazing community events listed below that we will be a part of!
- Winona State University Game Day Experiences-we will have visual art activities and giveaways on Aug. 31, 4-6pm and Sept. 30, 11am-1pm. Here is more about the Game Day Experiences.
- Family Art Day 2017- MCA is excited to provide art activities during Family Art Day, a free event provided by River Arts Alliance at the Jaycee’s Pavilion by Lake Park in Winona, Saturday, Sept. 2, 10am-2pm. Learn more.
- Winona’s Indoor Playground Open House– After you grab some pizza and the kiddos run off some steam, join MCA Irish Instructor, Miss. Alanna for some Irish dancing on Sept. 12, 5-7pm. Proceeds raised through food sales will go towards new equipment at this amazing indoor playground. Learn more.
- Winona Health’s Sparkle & Dazzle, Women’s Health Event– For the 3rd year in a row on Oct. 12, MCA is excited to be a part of this wonderful and important evening which will be held this year at the beautiful Minnesota Marine Art Museum. Visit our table to make your very own wine charm to take with you and also enter to win a free session of an adult fitness class of your choice! This is a free event but pre-registration is requested through Winona Health for women 18 years and older.
- Healthy Kids Zombie Crawl– back for the 2nd year, Winona Health is partnering with Winona State University to offer the Healthy Kid’s Zombie Crawl on Oct. 15th, 4-6pm. Details on location and how to register for this free and exciting event geared towards kids ages 5-12 will follow shortly.
- Fall Festival Family Night Winona YMCA- MCA is excited to announce that we will be provided some spooktacular Halloween themed crafts during this fun family night at Camp Wenonah on Oct. 26th, 5-8pm. Learn More
- MCA Jazz Combos Performance– MCA’s talented youth combos will perform a concert open to the public on Nov. 1, 6-7pm at Figiulio Recital Hall on the Saint Mary’s University Campus in the Performance Center. Learn more about MCA’s Music Division.
- MCA Jazz Combos Performance– MCA’s talented youth combos will perform a concert open to the public on Nov. 12, 5:30pm at Wellington’s Pub & Grill in Winona. Learn more about MCA’s Music Division.
- Flippin’ 4 Books– Winona Public Library provides this annual event for families with young children ages 5 and under to come and dine on pancakes, receive a free book, learn about community resources and enjoy hands-on activities. MCA will have a table with resources, activities and giveaways. The 2017 Flippin’ for Books is on Nov. 18, 8:30am-11:30am at Winona Senior High School. Learn More.
- Ballet Memphis Master Class- MCA is excited to partner with the Page Series at Saint Mary’s University to host a ballet master class while Ballet Memphis is in Winona. The master class is geared towards experienced dancers ages 13 and up. This is a free event, but registration is required. Learn More.
We hope to see you soon! Families may also want to check out our free monthly Family Arts Academy Workshops or our Annual Free-4-All in Jan. which is a perfect time to tryout a variety of dance classes for free. If you have an upcoming event that you would like MCA to be a part of please contact MCA Managing Director, Jamie Schwaba at email@example.com.