Summer is just around the corner and we know you are looking for quality and engaging programs to help foster growth in your child(ren) this summer. Lucky for you we have 6 camps at Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts (MCA) for your child this summer. Whether you have a preschooler who loves to run and jump like their favorite superhero, an 8 year-old who is vying to step into the spotlight or a 16 year-old who dreams of dancing professionally we have a camp for them! Here are five reasons why you will be happy you joined the MCA family this summer!
- We have qualified, passionate and nurturing instructors and staff that care about your kids. MCA faculty have advanced degrees or comparable experience in their specialty and will help your child grow both artistically and socially. One parent of 9 year-old MCA student said; “Our child’s personal growth had been amazing. The programming challenges her, but also makes her successful. The instructors genuinely care about her both as a dancer and as a person.” Learn about our amazing faculty.
- They will love frolicking in our dance studios, getting messy in our Monet room, singing aside a baby grand piano in our Recital Hall and taking center stage in our Academy Theatre. Learn more about state-of-the-art facilities in the Valencia Arts Center. After participating in the Winona Arts Camp last summer an 8 year-old named Lucy stated; “I learned that I wasn’t shy after all!”
- It is good for them and will help prevent the summer slide. The academic, mental, and social benefits of arts education are well documented. A recent study conducted by Michigan State University researchers found a “very strong correlation between childhood engagement in the creative arts and measurable success later in life,” Yet, according to the Arts Education Partnership, “at the same time we celebrate the arts for the value they add to learning and to life, study of the arts is quietly disappearing from our schools.” With dwindling budgets dedicated to the arts in area schools, opportunities for arts exploration in a community setting is critical.
- It’s priced right. We even offer an Early Bird Special to help you save money for your trips to the beach. Register by May 1 and save up to $50 per child. We also offer need based financial scholarships to help make our camps accessible to all families. One parent of a scholarship recipient who participated in the 2016 Winona Arts Camp shared the following with us: “Because of the scholarship our daughter received, she was able to attend this fabulous camp that is offered in our community. She was exposed to passionate instructors that taught her about subjects she knew nothing about. I am grateful for the generous sponsorship that gave her an opportunity she would not have had otherwise.”
- With 6 camps to choose from, there is a camp for every child 3 & up, no matter their experience level or interest. Preschoolers to 1st graders will wiggle with excitement and jump for joy as they channel their creative powers during our Super Artist Camp. Campers in 2nd-8th grade who like to dabble in music, theatre, dance, and visual arts will thrive in our two multi-art themed camps, From Page to Stage & Winona Arts Camp 2017: Improv Everywhere “Unexpected in the Arts”. Our 2nd annual Mini-Summer Dance Intensive for budding dancers aged 9 & up with some dance experience & our 15th annual Summer Dance Intensive for intermediate and advanced dancers aged 11-22 will ensure that your dancer stays strong this summer. Lastly, this year’s new Tap Camp offers tappers 11 & up to the opportunity to explore tap technique, body percussion, tap history and rhythm in a fun and engaging atmosphere.
We hope that you will join us this summer! If you would like to to see full camp descriptions or to register please click on the buttons below. Please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-453-5500 if you have any questions or drop by during business hours for a tour.