2018 Nutcracker Cast List
Thank you to everyone who auditioned, we were so delighted with the turn out. Congrats to the 2018 cast of The Nutcracker! We are so excited to start working with you. Everything gets started on Wednesday, Sept. 12th at 5:30pm in the Academy Theatre (Black Box) at MCA. This is a mandatory cast meeting for cast members and parents of students who are under 18 years of age. Rehearsal Schedules, Handbooks, Volunteer information will be discussed, as well as student measurements will be taken.
2018 Nutcracker Cast Handbook
Here is a digital copy of the 2018 Nutcracker Cast Handbook that is handed out at the mandatory cast meeting on Sept. 12th at 5:30pm. All Cast members (and parents of those under 18) must sign and return the final page of this document acknowledging that they understand the terms of participation in the production including volunteer requirements, mandatory dates and fees involved.
PDF of Rehearsal Schedule Current as of 9/14/18
Letter to Educators
When checked around Sept. 9th there were still about 150 seats availble for the the Wednesday, Nov. 28th 12:30pm School Matinee. If you know of a school group who might be interested in attending please feel free to pass along this letter. The office is also happy to provide you with a hard copy. Tickets are only $3 each for this performance. Thanks for helping us fill the seats!
Friday Fill-in & Other Important Emails
9/13/18- Important Schedule Updates
Marzipan Cast: Please add a rehearsal on Friday, November 2nd from 6:45p-8p (S1) on your calendar.
9/14/18- Friday FIll-in
Hello Nutcracker Cast!
1. Rehearsal Schedule Changes:
- Spanish rehearsal will be shorten this Saturday, 9/15, and run from 5:15p-6:45p.
- Nutcracker role (Nolan L.) needs to attend all of the stand alone Soldier rehearsals on Saturdays.
- There have been a lot of changes to the schedule already, so to make sure everything is as clear as possible, an updated version of the rehearsal calendar is attached.
2. Costume/Boutique Info:
- “Costume Day” will be Sunday, September 30th. A schedule for that day will be sent out in next week’s Fill In, but if you have any restrictions that day, please email Jess and let her know, and she will try to accommodate everyone’s availability as best as possible.
- There are several dancers that have not gotten measured yet, but do not worry about it. Jess is compiling a list and will either come to rehearsals to get those dancers’ measurements or communicate who needs to get measured to the appropriate choreographer.
3. Performance Communication: None
4. Volunteer Info:
- Jess and Catie are meeting later today to get everything in order to send out the first round of volunteer information next Friday. Keep and eye out for that!
5. Misc. Information: None
6. Nutcracker Webpage Portal: Don’t forget about our webpage that has all of the communication from our Friday Fill-In emails, rehearsal calendar, mandatory dates are now out there and other important communication. Click here to get to the webpage portal and password is Nutcracker2018.
Thank you and have a great weekend and week ahead!
Attachment: Nutcracker 2018 Rehearsal Calendar.docx (37.5kB)
Best,Megan Bagniewski Administrative Assistant Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts 1164 West 10th Street Winona, MN 55987